Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Surprise! It's a Disney Cruise!

So in July 2010, I found a deal on a Disney Cruise. It was going to be on the brand-spanking-new Disney Dream ship. So - with Daddy's permission - I booked it, knowing I had a full-time Kindergarten Aide job starting in August. I decided, since it was the very first time I - alone and independantly - was able to do something super-special for the family, to keep the cruise a secret. But only from you two.

For 9 whole months I kept it quiet. I made the arrangements and made gift bags. We went to Aunt Courtney's the night before as a cover. On the 30 minute drive from her house to Port Canaveral, I was so excited and nervous I felt almost sick. Then when we were just crossing over the river and the ship was in sight, we turned on the video camera and dropped the bomb on you.

SURPRISE!

Now, 2 months later, I just booked another one. Disney Cruise, that is. I did this for several reasons. 1) Because our cruise was one of my favorite vactions with you guys ever. Riding the Aqua Duck at night; snorkeling and biking all around Castaway Cay; hanging out in our fabulous stateroom...it was just awesome. Really and truly fun. 2) Karlin, you are only going to be 10 years old for 12 more months. At age 11, you age out of the super cool and fun Explorer's Club on the ship. Our 3 night cruise didn't really give you enough time there, so I want you to be able to go once more before you turn 11 and go to the "Tween" club. 3)Disney sent me a 10% off coupon, which pretty much sealed the deal.

I don't have a job this fall yet, and Daddy had to front the deposit. But with a little luck (amd maybe 50 days of substitute teaching) I will get to spend my birthday next year on Castaway Cay with you guys. (And celebrate Mother's day too.)

This one won't be a surprise, but I'm betting we will have even more fun than we did last time! Only 10 months to go - I can't wait!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment