Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Dear Chase - 2/16/11

Dear Chase -

Did I ever tell you about the first time you made me laugh? It was about an hour and a half after you were born - maybe a little longer. Everyone had finally left, and Daddy had stepped out of the hospital room. Maybe he left to walk everyone out. Maybe he went to get some food; I don't really remember.

It was the first time after you were born that we were alone, just you and me. I was holding you while you were sleeping. I looked at you and said "Hello, little man." As I spoke, I exhaled, and when my breathe hit your face your little eyebrows raised up. It was so cute and sweet and made me laugh. So I blew gently on your face a few more times, and each time, your little eyebrows rose up.

It was a moment that took less than a minute, and one that may seem insignificant. But it was one of the first times you reacted to me, and one of the first times I got to glimpse the personality of the "little man" you'd grow to be.

No one saw that moment but me. It's a moment I will remember forever. Who knew then how many times over the years you would continue to make me laugh and smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment